Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ball Park Baby..





I understand Baseball may hold values throughout American history & today was my first little taste of that game in the country that has so many patriotic fans. I see it to be much like cricket in Australia - One guy throws the ball, another hits the ball, the guy who hits the ball runs to a mark & people in the field try catch the ball. (Boring).

However so many things about my first game that made it something special & It wasn't just Codie Grimsey's putrid expressions off his unsettled stomach or Trent's attempts to start fights with his one LA Dodgers hat amongst 40,000 SF Giants fans. It was the size & the energy of the crowd, the various foods being carted around & our favourite of all, base stealing Tactic's.

I'm feeling like i just got home from the game but i was playing & not spectating. I can somehow pinpoint the time the night went pear shaped, finding our way home.. I'm going to prevent any reader from ever getting stuck in a situation where you have to walk around for 1hr looking for where the best spot is to get a cab....... Research it FIRST. I wish we did that today..

Although it doesn't seem like it but i really enjoyed my first "Ball game". Just my legs didn't like the post game workout..

No comments:

Post a Comment